We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and all the information you provide us will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Please check this page frequently as GPSCC may change this policy from time to time. This policy is effective on April 30, 2018.
Normal Website Usage
GPSCC is committed to internet privacy. There are no logins or private pages on the GPSCC website, so you can visit all of our webpages without disclosing any personally-indefinable or non-personally identifiable information.
Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information
GPSCC may collect email addresses and other personally identifiable data about you when such data is voluntarilysubmitted to our online channels. There are a number of circumstances in which you may knowingly supply us with your personal information, such as:
- When you join our email list
- When you RSVP to participate in events posted online
- If you make a donation to GPSCC
- When you participate in social media groups, communities, chat rooms, comment threads, forums, and other interactive online platforms
- If you submit questions or request assistance through online platforms
- When you participate in surveys, panels, research or respond to our questions online
- If you submit user generated content on any of our online channels that permit it
- Other ways on our website, social media platforms, or other on-line channels where you knowingly submit personal information
Collection and Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may also collect certain information (“Non-Personal Information”), that does not identify you individually and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Site or online channels. We may collect and store any of the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Non-identifiable demographic data such as age, gender, and five-digit zip code as part of collecting personal information
- Device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Site. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, device type, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the Site.
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, duration of access, software crash reports, session identification number, and referring website addresses.
- Other information regarding your use of the Site.
What we do with the information we gather
Any contact or personally identifiable information you provide GPSCC, will not be shared with other organizations, unless disclosed at time of collecting this information. Members may opt out of our email list or unsubscribe from our newsletter contact list by following the unsubscribe links in newsletters or emails.
We may collect some information to better understand your needs and improve our interactions with you for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our communications and outreach.
- We may use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail for surveys and research purposes.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place industry standards provided by WordPress, Paypal, Google, and Mailchimp to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of GPSCC website.
Links to other websites
Our website containslinks to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, note that those sites are not governed by this privacy statement. GPSCC has no control over those websites, and therefore, cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites. You should exercise caution and examine the privacy statements applicable to each website you visit.
Retention of User Information
Following termination or deactivation of your membership, GPSCC or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) for a reasonable period of time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
While we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Your Obligations To Keep Your Access Rights Secure
You promise to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information as prompted by a site registration form, order form or otherwise (such information being the “User Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the User Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, GPSCC has 1) reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, 2) the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the site (or any portion thereof). You are entirely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your password(s) and account(s). Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account(s).
Notice To Non-U.S. Users
Changes To This Policy
Last revised 23 April 2018 – NN
Last revised 25 April 2018 – RM
Last revised 25 1 pm April 2018 – NN